Thursday, February 8, 2007

It Is Just Like Heaven


We moved to Albuquerque because our family is here in great quantity, but even without that, it's a pretty fantastic place to live. There are gorgeous mountains to my east, a dry and pleasant climate (record snowfall this winter notwithstanding), so much sunshine, an interesting blend of native Pueblo culture, Spanish influences, a convenient airport with a daily non-stop flight to the place I need to go when I travel on business, and so much more.


Forbes Magazine, that compiler of lists, also has Albuquerque in its sights as a heaven for telecommuters. They add to my list of benefits a good university, a decent high-tech culture, and the low cost of living. They've got that right!


If we didn't have family here, I don't know if I'd choose to live so far from the ocean, but all things considered, it really is an amazing place to live.

No comments: