Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Blogging for Profit?

Hmmmmm, I'm not sure that profit is really my goal. I started StellaCommute as a way to focus my thinking about the experience of telecommuting, to think consciously about the changes it's brought to my work and home lives, and to stay abreast of the tools and techniques that are making my slipper-based lifestyle possible.

The nice folks at Web Worker Daily note that many
bloggers are bringing in a handsome income -- who knew?!? Well, they knew, obviously. I think that I am much more of a zen blogger, where the process is the point. I'm interested in looking critically at my work, writing some decent headlines, and, I hope, finding some readers who think that I'm not a complete dunderhead.

I like to set achievable goals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think those who profit from blogging are few indeed.

Stella Commute said...

Thanks for reading, Anonymous. I agree. I think the few, highly read, A-List Bloggers are doing okay, but like any kind of self-employment to really make a go of it you've got to hustle.