Friday, February 2, 2007

Essential Equipment - Caffiene Edition


I've written before about how working on East Coast time is discombobulating. Let me tell you that at 5:45 a.m. here in the Land of Enchantment, there is one piece of equipment that I simply won't be without: the Espresso Machine. We actually only recently became such extreme hipsters that we require an in-home espresso machine, but now that I'm in my second month of on-demand lattes, cappuccini, Americani, et cetera, I can't imagine how I ever wandered the earth without such a divine tool.

Certainly there have been other coffee makers in my past. I spent quality time with Mr. Coffee, those Pod brewing systems, the French press, and going out for coffee. Darting across the street for a cuppa joe with my boss was a favorite activity when I worked in the Real Office.

Now that I'm a shut-in, ummm, I mean a full-time telecommuter, it was clear that having a large volume of coffee available to me was not necessarily the right trend. I was drinking coffee all day, and getting less joy from it than perhaps I should.

Now that we've added the 'Spresso to our gadget universe, I enjoy one or two quality (read "ass-kicking") cups of coffee beverage a day and I'm not just swilling coffee all day. Plus, since I favor lattes, I have dramatically increased my calcium intake through the consumption of equal shots of espresso and steamed milk.

That's healthy, right?

No comments: