Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Oh, for Pete's Sake

I've really been trying not to flip out about the whole Vonage situation. Maybe it's a naive faith in large corporations -- why would a start up with a product in complete legal trouble not be able to continue to provide me quality service?

Yes, yes, I know. I know people who showed up for work in 1996 and found themselves with no paycheck, an empty office, and pile o' stock options that could now be used for making paper snowflakes. I know that the Krispy Kreme franchises here in Albuquerque just didn't open one morning, and everyone was left scratching their heads. I know people who were left stranded at airports because their airline went out of business in the middle of their trips. I know I know I know.

But come on, Vonage. Do you really have no idea what you'll do if Verizon's suit is successful?

You might should think of some alternatives, friends.

No comments: