Friday, April 27, 2007

The Goofiest and Most Wonderful


Yes, I know. I look like a lunatic sitting in my office wearing these. It's the stupidest use of USB ports ever. They're pink and purple.

But my hands are so warm.

You know how it is: the air conditioning is in overdrive and you're sitting right under the vent. Your hands get stiffer and slower and your typing speed slows down. Way down. You shake hands with people and they start checking for your pulse. Worse yet, you have to go into the server room to do some sort of work that requires you to be in the same chilled room as the dang servers. The floor vents are shooting refrigerated air up your skirt, and you're trying to get out of there as fast as you can, but your hands are getting slower and slower.

It's a bummer, and it happens all year 'round.

Enter USB-heated gloves. I'm toasty and warm, my hands aren't like frigid little squirrel paws. This is great.

I'm actually kind of looking forward to using these babies on an upcoming disaster recovery drill, a fabulous event that requires one to sit in a supercooled server room for sixteen hours. These are going to work perfectly.

And earn me an unprecedented level of guff from my colleagues. It's a win for everyone!

No comments: