Friday, August 15, 2008

Monitoring Freelancers

This is an interesting article about a site called oDesk that not only serves as a broker for freelance jobs, but also lets the contractor monitor the contractee at will. Honestly, I don't know what I think about it.

I'm not a freelancer, and I try really hard to stay on the ball when I'm on the clock. I look at CNN or what have you probably as much as the next guy who is working in a cube somewhere, and I kick out the jams. But I'm not sure how I would enjoy having someone able to look in on my screen whenever and wherever they liked.

What do you think?

(Honestly, what kind of self-respecting employer has enough time to do this, really? If you aren't worried about liability or discoverable crap, you should probably busy yourself otherwise, I'm thinking.)

No comments: