Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Okay, I Got A Little Inspired

For people about my age, Live Aid was one of those things that was big. Really big. For many of us it was the first time we really knew about things that were outside our little tiny towns and dull little high schools. It was huge, and it was the idea of one guy: Bob Geldof. Stella heard him speak today, and while I'm sure it was a set piece that he's done a zillion and one times, it was still kind of amazing to hear him and see him in person.

Pink.

But with eyebrows.

In any event, it got me to thinking about some folks I've been admiring and learning about for years, folks like Pete Seeger, Joe Strummer, and now Bob Geldof. These are people who firmly believe that the actions of a single human being can really have an impact. And, dare I say, it's not foolish idealism if you actually do something. Now I'm forced to wonder if I'm really using my powers for modest good, or crazy good.

Maybe we should all shoot for crazy good.

No comments: