Saturday, April 26, 2008

Finding Your Way Around

xkcd has it about right. I am going on site for the second time for the new gig. It should be said that while I grew up in the general region of my new employer, I have never really been to its fair city prior to my whirlwind interview day -- a day that I spent entirely in a conference room. I know my way around that conference room pretty well, but the details outside the room trail off precipitously.

I'll be driving myself around to various orientations, picking up of various pieces of equipment, meetings, and what not, and so I've done something kind of stupid: I've got Google maps for point-to-point directions for all the various legs of my trip. I know I'm going to get lost, lost, lost. And I'm kind of dreading it, but I think that, given my notoriously bad sense of direction, it's inevitable.

Maybe I will go to the bookstore to see if they have street map books for non-tourist destination cities. Because I need something, kids!

No comments: