Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Oil Dependency is for Suckers

Well, the state of the nation is strong apparently, and reducing our consumption of oil is a priority. Well super-de-duper. How about incentives for employers large and small to encourage telecommuting in addition to fuel technologies, automobile efficiency, and all that jazz.

The technology for effective telecommuting already exists and works pretty darn well. It's self contained and fairly explanatory. How much could eliminating your commute save? The Metro Washington Council of Governments has this cool tool to calculate the dollar savings telecommuting could give you.

Heck, I don't get in the car for days on end. Sure I might be getting a little cabin fever, but I'm not burning as much gas as I would if I were making even a short drive to the Real Office every day.

No comments: