Thursday, October 2, 2008

I'm Not Getting Political

...but I will say this: do you ever find yourself in the middle of a rambling question and/or answer, and sorta come to outside your body and think to yourself, "What on earth am I talking about?"

No?

Okay, it's just me. But lately when that's been happening to me, I've been feeling like I know what Sarah Palin must feel like sometimes, and I've wanted to say to the person I'm going crazy on how sorry I am for getting Palinesque. And then I stop because I'm afraid they'll take it like a partisan thing instead of a "string a coherent sentence together" thing. But I mean it as a coherence-competence thing.



I mean, really. We've all had tough interviews where we found out about halfway through the interview that when they said TCP/IP, they meant a whole lot more than basic configuration of a firewall on a home router. I don't know about you, but when that happens to me, I just answer honestly and say, "I'm not familiar with the intricacies of configuring switches," or what have you.

I've never done it, but I know enough about it to know that it's not the kind of thing I can bullshit through with a Sams "Teach Yourself TCP/IP in 24 Hours" book and a smile.

No comments: