Friday, September 12, 2008

Verizon Calculates Meatspace Meeting Costs*

If you can take my word seriously after my shocking Junior Miss revelation, you should definitely check out this item from Endless Knots, wherein Verizon quantifies the cost of meeting face to face, and decides that they really should do videoconferencing and other non-three dimensional meeting techniques.

Here's the deal: once people get used to the equipment and the idea that you don't have to spend six hours in an airport and a night in a posh but still vaguely noisy and not-that-restful hotel in order to spend three hours yakking with people, you'll get just as much out of your meetings. Friends, I've been doing this for a year and a bit (with a brief interlude in actual conference rooms) and I can tell you that if you apply yourself, you won't even miss the conference room table.

* Can we call those meatings? I like it!

No comments: