Monday, September 22, 2008

Do-Good Telecommuting

As you may or may not know, Stella has worked in the non-profit realm almost her entire career. There was that brief stint as a secretary at a brokerage firm for two months after college, and some temping for a software company, but the rest of my time spent in the office has been to advance the more noble causes of humanity.

So I telecommute for the good of the world, but starting this week I'm also going to start volunteering in the real world. I'm going to be a friendly visitor at our local VA hospital. I'll let you know how that goes.

But if you're a truly committed shut in, it turns out that you can still do good for the organizations and causes you feel strongly about. Like this woman who still volunteers even though she's moved across the country. See? You can do it.

You really ought to do it, too. Even if you have to go out into the real world.

No comments: