Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I'm Pretty Extreme, But This Is Something Else

While many people who hear where I work from tend to leave of the "New" and ask me if I need a passport to get back and forth from "Mexico", I am firmly rooted in the U.S. of A. I am very far away from my coworkers in the Real Office, but for a variety of reasons the distance doesn't seem that huge. In the old remote work arrangement, I'd worked there for a long time so I had good relationships. In the new remote work arrangement, I'm still working to get to know people, but because I'm originally from the region I feel an affinity for them already. And because there are so many similarities between where I was and where I am now, I am finding it easy to get to know the business.

And so remote work is going smoothly so far...and so far away.

But this article from ComputerWorld has notes from a real extremist who is telecommuting from Greece. To which I say, "Nice work if you can get it."

No comments: