Friday, February 15, 2008

But Why?

From ZenHabits, a nice post about keeping your energy up without drinking lotsa coffee. I can see the virtue of this, mostly. I am certainly a well-known coffee addict, and I have gone through phases where I have dramatically cut my coffee consumption (primarily through the addition of green tea to wean me off the hard stuff without excruciating headaches). I gave it up almost entirely when I was expecting each of my two lovely daughters, in fact.

But the same thing happens every time my dosage gets low. It starts out with a late night -- too much pub quiz, a sick baby, what have you -- and you're driving by the coffee shop and think to yourself, "Gosh, I have so much to do today, maybe a little tiny espresso will be just the jolt I need." A one time shot.

And soon you're back to guzzling cup after cup because it's tasty and it makes your brain feel busy, even if you're just reading blogs about how you should drink less coffee.

No comments: