Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bigger Is Better

Stella uncrated her new 22 inch monitor last night, and let me tell you it is phenomenal. I found a great price at NewEgg, they shipped it fast fast fast, and now I'm basking in the gentle glow of so many pixels that my eyes are spinning.

Things I notice:

  • I need to practice moving from screen to screen -- it's a little tricky to figure out where my mouse can traverse the gap between my ginormous main monitor and the laptop monitor.
  • I need to figure out how best to work with all this real estate -- two browsers side by side, quandrants, what? Not sure what will be best, but I'm happy to experiment.
  • It's awesome.
Now on to the next phase of my over-computerized lifestyle: building a rig that is intended strictly for video conferencing, IM, Skype, etc. I feel like the video conferencing is straining my darling laptop's ability to cope, so I'm going to re-purpose an old desktop computer just for the communication stuff. We'll see how that goes.

No comments: