Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I Am Suddenly Afraid

Stella is afraid of many things that she doesn't understand well. In fact, I am often mocked by Mr. Commute for my conviction that the furnace is only moments away from leveling the house, that the children are somehow in danger of the electricity jumping out of the sockets and onto forks they are holding several feet away, and the like.

Imagine my horror upon reading this article.

Radon? Really? I hadn't even considered the possibility. All irrational fears aside, the author does make some good points about creating a healthy environment for yourself. This means a proper chair, good lighting, and a fire extinguisher. Actually, you should have one of those whether you work from home or not.

What if the lampshades all spontaneously combust? Think about it.

No comments: