Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Laptops Are Too Hot for Your Lap Anyway

Stella has had a lot of work to do lately, and in order to get it all done, her workday has sometimes intruded into her evenings. Alas.

For a while, I was de-coupling my laptop from my office desk and dragging it into the house so that I could work and at least be in the physical presence of my family, but since I added a ginormous new monitor to my rig in the office, I'm hard-pressed to come up with a reason why I would want to burn my legs and use a tiny screen rather than bask in the glow of all those delightful pixels.

Mmmmm, pixel-y.

Between the screen real estate and the full-size keyboard and mouse, it seems my interest in wandering the earth with my laptop is waning. I am a bit more isolated when I'm working a lot, but really it's not that bad. I am frankly glad to still have a job, and beyond grateful that when I have to go in on the weekends and in the evening, I don't have to go further than my back porch.

No comments: