Friday, February 20, 2009

You Already Know This About Me

I'm geeky. Not a little...a lot. I'm not the best coder in the world (I stink). I'm not a big gamer. I don't do assembly language. But I do self-identify as a geek, and so I was happy to see She's Geeky (thanks Rebecca and Jean!).

I love the idea of a community of nerdy women who define what it means to be a geek, and encourage other women in their geekiness. I am the nerd I am today because I was lucky enough to be hired into an environment with a lot of women coders, DBAs, analysts and the like. I learned a ton from them and will be forever grateful that they took the time to explain stuff to me. I know a lot of great men who have been similarly generous with their technical skills and whatnot, don't get me wrong. But it's nice having a lady role model, you know?

No comments: