Monday, June 8, 2009

Scheduling Secrets

Honestly, I can't remember if I've said this before, but scheduling empty time in your day is absolutely essential to having time to get stuff done. Even if you just mentally block it out, it's important to have time where you do nothing but go through what you need to do and do it.

Stella is on-site this week, and the whole point of these trips is to meet meet meet meet. And it's fun. I love seeing people, love getting to know them. But I also need to get work done, and so it's hard to balance. But it's okay, because I'll get caught up next week.

But it would be nice to have a little time to kick out the jams this week, too. Ah, well, that's what nights in a hotel are for, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So Stella, I'm curious--does your employer pay your travel and hotel expenses when you visit the real office? Or do they expect you to foot the bill because you "chose" to be a remote worker? Did you negotiate this up-front during the interviewing process? We have a lot of remote workers in my office, but I don't really know what my company's policy is on this... AT in MKE