Thursday, June 4, 2009

Print Less

I know what you're thinking: Give me a break, Stella. I already spend 23 hours a day in my house in last year's slippers, and I haven't filled up my gas tank in two months. Yes, you're already doing a lot to save the environment just by virtue of being a shut-in, but you can conserve resources even more by doing one simple thing:

turn off your printer.

It helps you conserve in a few exciting ways:

  • You're using less electricity because it's not hanging out plugged in and vaguely on waiting for you to send a job to it.
  • You will have to think before you print, and make a conscious decision to roll over to it, turn it on, and wait for it to warm up. I find that my response to that is, "meh," and I generally just cope with looking at stuff on my screen.
  • I have to think that not being constantly stirred up makes the ink last a little longer.

So save some trees, ink, and juice, and turn that printer off.

No comments: